The Happy Hour & ½ Chapter has been a BNI chapter in Omaha since March 2008 and achieved Bronze status in April 2009. They meet at Granite City on Tuesdays from 4:00 – 5:30 PM. The following are some key success factors for the Happy Hour & ½ Chapter:
- The Chapter is in the Green in Chapter Traffic Lights.
- Their current chapter size is 28, which is above average for the Nebraska region.
- They average 2.3 visitors per member.
- The members average 1.29 referrals/week/member.
What is your #1 goal as a chapter?
- To pass more quality referrals that result in a higher total of TYFCB. To also make long lasting friendships with members from our chapter and other chapters.
What is your chapter's key to success?
- Having a good mix of "veterans" who know how BNI works and "newbies" who keep the mix of businesses and referrals fresh.
What is your favorite chapter meeting stimulant?
- The one with the pennies where we each have to say something that happened in our business or industry in the year engraved on the penny we were given (or brought) to the meeting. We also enjoyed introducing the person sitting next to us and sharing a little bit about their business during the 60 seconds.
How do you keep the FUN in FUNdamentals?
- By allowing some friendly banter during the meeting while still discouraging private/disruptive conversations. Oh, and the adult beverages help, too!