The BNI Referrals in Action Chapter has been a BNI chapter in Sioux Falls, SD since October 2009. They meet at Plains Commerce Bank (3505 West 49th St.) on Wednesdays from 7:45 AM – 9:15 AM.
The following are some key success factors for the BNI Referrals in Action Chapter:
- Since November, the member average for TYFCB has been $47,299.97.
- Each member averages nearly 30 referrals per year.
What is your #1 goal as a chapter?
- To make sure we are giving/receiving qualified referrals, and spending as much time as possible doing 1-2-1's so we are able to represent each other’s businesses to the best of our ability......We realize that's two, but they go hand in hand with one another...much like a handshake at the end of a deal!
- We build trusted relationships with our members: We have a ton of fun but we get business done and closed while doing it.
- Many of our members will bring "props" to promote their Weekly Presentation. We also choose a song to play while our presenter is being introduced. The song is different for each speaker and is tied in with their field (ex. Financial Advisor - "Money" by Pink Floyd).
- Our chapter meeting is VERY upbeat. We stick to the agenda and have a fun time doing it. Much of our energy comes to us right in the beginning of our meetings by our Education Coordinator(Kyle Vandenhull). His enthusiasm for those five minutes can drive the entire meeting. The other FUN factor is that our Feature Presenter really puts a tremendous amount of time & creativity into their presentations which keeps the other members focused and genuinely interested in what they are saying.