Inviting guests to come to your chapter using the BNI Connect App is easy, but there are some things you need to know.
- Open the app and click on the Invite icon on the bottom of the screen.
- Enter in the visitors Name, Company, Email
- In the message – please write something personal like, “John I think this is the method to really help your business grow. Please click on the RSVP Now button so I can reserve a seat for you.”
- Hit send
You can send an invite to yourself so you can see what it looks like.
What happens next is they get a really nice email that starts with:
- What you typed in the message line
- A little history about BNI
- Big Button to (Learn more about BNI)
- Chapter Details – Time and Place of the meeting
- Big RSVP Now Button
- A link to a video about BNI
IT DOES NOT REGISTER THEM TO COME TO THE MEETING!
If this is all you do, the person you sent this to MAY click further, but probably won’t unless you help them.
Within a few minutes of sending them the invite, do ONE of the following:
- Call them and let them know you sent them a very important email and they must click on the RSVP Now button to reserve a seat
- Text them with the same info
- Email them with the same info
- After a few days, check BNI Connect to see if they actually registered for the meeting. If not, reach out to them again.
If you really want to help get people there, go help them register.
(Or you could go online and register them, too!)
My main point here is that a lot of WORK is involved in growing a chapter and to get visitors to
come. BNI Connect and the BNI Connect App have done a great job of putting the tools in your hand, but you still have to participate in the process. Nothing gets done until a little work gets done.